Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Week of 6/02

Last week was the final week before my taper to make sure I am healed up in time for the kick in the stomach that is otherwise referred to as the Eastern Divide 50k.  It was a solid 32 mile week (I only had time to run 3 days) and my long run left me feeling about as ready as I can given my current time constraints and my rather last minute decision to run the race.  This will be my first ultra without my trusty crew chief there at every aid station, since she has to stay home with the kids.  It will definitely take more planning and better packing on my part but since the race is "only" a 50k (i.e., I shouldn't have to worry about a shoe change, head lamp, etc...), it shouldn't be that bad.

My week went like this:

Tuesday - 5 miles @ Big Boss (36:38)
Thursday - 6 miles of single track Company Mill at Umstead (55:11)
Sunday - 21 miles of bridle trail at Umstead (3:08:xx)

No comments:

Post a Comment