Thursday, August 1, 2013

Training - the last half of July

My training for the last half of July was fairly uneventful.  I ran 29 miles the week of 7/15 and 30 miles the week of 7/22.  I had planned to log a few more miles the week of 7/22 but it just didn't work out that way.  On my Sunday run (on July 28th) I started to have some foot pain along the outside edge in the danger zone (aka stress fracture zone) so I backed off the pace and finished up my run.  I was due for a crash week.  Every so often I take a crash week rather than a rest week.  The difference - I don't run.  At all.  A full seven days of no running.  I'm usually a little stir crazy by Thursday morning but it seems to make a difference in my ability to continue ramping up my mileage.  Like they say, we are an experiment of one.  And just like that July is over...

No comments:

Post a Comment